Boys with Plants Magazine is an independent, quarterly publication featuring articles and galleries from the Boys with Plants Community. It's available in PRINT and as a DIGITAL download. You can also SUBSCRIBE to receive one year's worth of editions.
Thank you to our amazing sponsors for helping this project come to life!
The magazine has feature articles including plant tips and tricks, book reviews, planty adventures, interior styling with plants, information about local plant communities and much more. The guys come from all over the world from many different backgrounds and that is reflected in their stories.
We include themed galleries of guys with their plants, a bit like a 'designed version' of some of the best images from the instagram page. The magazine reflects an international, multi-ethnic perspective with a variety of body-types and expressions of gender. Be warned though, unlike Instagram, nothing is preventing us from including artistic full-frontal nudity in our publication. What's wrong with a little eye candy anyway (whether it's the plants or the guys that do it for you!)
The print edition of the magazine is great quality, full colour, over 60+ pages and A5 landscape in size (210 x 148mm or 8.3 x 5.8in).
The digital edition has been optimised for the best digital reading experience and includes live links and easy navigation for your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop.
- If you have any ideas that you think would work really well in future issues of Boys with Plants Magazine, please don't hesitate to contact us.
We are able to keep the price of the magazine low by including a limited number of appropriate advertising. If you’re interested in finding more about advertising in the Boys with Plants Magazine, please contact us with the subject ‘Advertising’.
Issue 04 – Spring 2021
What to expect from Issue 04:
- Does being surrounded by plants make you feel healthier? We asked a diverse group of our favorite plant boys in our main feature, Healthy Plants / Healthy People.
- Adult entertainer Jonas Jackson gets cheeky when he answers your (planty) questions.
- If you want to be a Hoya Hunk you’ll need to be good at growing Hoyas.
- Stitchguy celebrates love and loss through plants and embroidery.
- Fiddle-leaf figs never looked so good!
- Tips and tricks for the perfect Pilea.
- Houseplant styling inspiration from the island of Guernsey.
- Guys taking showers surrounded by plants in the tropical outdoors.
- And much more!
Issue 03 – Winter 2020
What to expect from Issue 03:
- What do the planets have in store for you – and your plants!? Love, health, work, friendship are all very interesting, but what really matters to plant parents? We have your green stars for 2021.
- Do you grow plants in your bathroom, or would you like to? We explore everything Boys, Plants and Bathrooms.
- Christmas is just around the corner so Mr Plantgeek, Michael Perry gives us his top five plants for Christmas. (Hint: one of them is a Christmas Tree!)
- Nature reminds us that at the end of bad times comes regrowth as we explore the regeneration of the Australian forest after the 2019/2020 bush-fires.
- We also a gallery called Bougainvillaea Boys, give you a workout routine to social-distantly do from your couch plus much more.
Issue 02 – Autumn 2020
What to expect from Issue 02:
- The Fame Monstera
- Painting Pots
- Passing the Green Torch
- Front line plant daddy
- Small space plant styling
- Plant Parenthood with Plant Daddy Podcast
- Plants, porn and purpose
Be warned, there’s a sealed gallery in the back called “Too hot for the ‘gram” where you’ll see some of your favourite plant boys like you’ve never seen them before. (ALL of them…) WARNING: Contains artistic frontal male nudity.
Issue 01 – May 2020
What to expect from Issue 01:
- Boy vs Wild where 20-year-old Sebastian discovers rare anthuriums in the Colombian jungle
- How to organise a Plant Swap
- Grow Avos like a Plant Daddy Pro
- Plant styling tips for the would be Plant Curator
There are also book reviews, we meet an amazing ceramicist and work out with plants.
We’ve included galleries of guys with their plants, a bit like a ‘designed version’ of some of the best images from the instagram page. The magazine reflects an international, multi-ethnic perspective with a variety of body-types and expressions of gender. Be warned though, unlike Instagram, there is some full-frontal artistic nudity. What’s wrong with a little eye candy anyway (whether it’s the plants or the guys that do it for you!)